Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

With Sympathy for Mrs. Guevara Passing IC355

This is the inspiration piece I chose for a card I made for a Splitcoast Stampers challenge I'm entering today. They have lots of challenges on their site and my card today is for the  Inspiration Challenge #355 or IC355 for posting purposes. You should check their site out, they have LOTS & LOTS of great ideas.

So the idea of today's challenge was to use this piece of art as the inspiration for making a card. Sounds fun, don't you think? So I created this card.
 
I wish the picture showed the colors that this card truly has. The background is glossy cardstock with alcohol ink in Baja Blue from Jaquard mixed with Ranger Alcohol inks Citrus, Watermelon and Pearl. I stamped a Hero Arts Image over that with Judikins Mica Gloss in New Penny. It's a metallic effects ink and looks coppery when is dries. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and the flowers are from a Prima stamp inked with Turquoise Gem and Pink Grapefruit both from VersaColor.
 
I'm pretty happy with the results, it was fun to use an item as inspiration.
 
Have a great day, GO DUCKS!!
 
Love,
Lorelei 

No comments:

Post a Comment