Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Retro Sketches Challenge #29

This is a card sketch from Retro Sketches.  A blog that issues sketches every week for cardmakers to use to make a card from your choice of papers and embellishments. Once made the card needs to be added to the blog via Inklinx for people (who follow the blog) to see and which enters your card into the challenge for that week! So with that said, I made a card to enter. This is only the second time I've entered a card into an on-line challenge. The prior time was years ago.
You can see that the card follows the basic idea in the sketch. I chose My Mind's Eye "The Sweetest Thing" for the paper and butterfly. Hexagons are very trendy right now and I still have my Creative Memories Hexagon punches which makes this trend pretty easy to follow.

I hope you like the card and that you might be encouraged to take it up a notch and enter your creations into a challenge like this. I'll have more entries in the coming days and weeks.  I've gotta go now so I can get back to the Kick Start class I'm taking.

XOXO,
Lorelei

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the hexagons! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hexagons ... what a great sketch design.

    ReplyDelete