Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Waiting Time

The Waiting Time by Eugenia Price is the book I just read. I give it a 3/5. It held my interest but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as a "you must read this." It is about a woman named Abby who's husband dies at sea while on his way to purchase 2 illegal slaves. Abby, who is from the north, is faced with managing a large rice plantation and 100 slaves. She does not believe that owning people is within God's will and so the book is focused on her struggle to come to grips with should she free the slaves she owns? There were some thought provoking parts to the book, but again there are better books to spend your time on.      
There are so many books to read. Every once in a while you get one that's only so so.


On to my next read, The Hunger Games! Just in time for the movie release! Want to read it with me?


Blessings on your day,
Lorelei

No comments:

Post a Comment