Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Stamp it 3 Ways!!

I have been intrigued by the idea of getting different looks and styles from the same stamp. I've seen this concept on Two Peas and some other sites I browse through.

So when my friend, Debbie said she wanted to learn more about cardmaking, I pulled out one of my favorite stamps by Hero Arts and made two quick cards showing my friend some of the reasons I think you should have a healthy supply of Ranger Distress Ink pads in lots of colors (wink, wink).

This is the first card I showed her. The stamp is Exotic Bloom. We stamped it onto watercolor paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Verdigris Antiquities by none other than Ranger! This is my favorite embossing powder but as you can see you can't use it on everything, but when the oppotunity presents itself....Seize it!! The little tag on the right is a Stampin' Up stamp that says HB. I stamped over my embossed images with Antique Linen Distress ink and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The next technique I showed Debbie was "resist." For this look, stamp your image with Versamark ink and then put on some Clear embossing powder (Stampendous can't be beat!) and heat it with your heat gun. Using a foam applicator, I went over the image with Peeled Paint, Wild Honey and Stormy Sky Distress inks and a little Vintage Photo on the edges.  I sprayed the image lightly with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in Gold and heated the card again to dry the mist. This intensifies the color alot, so you want to dry it pretty quickly. I matted the image and stamped the green cardstock with a honey comb background stamp in Versamark and the sentiment from Heartfelt Creations in Versafine, Vintage Sepia. This is a very different looking card than the first and we used the same stamp (Big smile).
After Debbie left with her brain full of possibilities (smile and wink), I made this card. I stamped the bloom in Pink Grapefruit Versamagic ink and then stamped it in Antique Linen Distress Ink to create the look of a shadow. I used a Spellbinders die to get the shape around the image. I stamped the tan paper from Penny Black with the bloom stamp and Versamark ink to give some texture and the rest is history!

One stamp, three very different cards. It was alot of fun showing Debbie what I like to do best. I hope I didn't scare her off!! Hmmmm.

Maybe you should fall in love with Ranger Distress Inks and make a few quick easy (really!!) cards.

Blessings,
Lorelei

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the little pearl centers lorelei!!
    and i totally agree with your suggestion about a "healthy supply" of distress inks, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great time, LOVED the cards you showed me! and no, you did NOT scare me off ;) xo

    ReplyDelete