Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inspiration Showcase

Seriously, who is your favorite cardmaker?  Of course it's Jennifer Maguire! Who else has the energy and  talent she does?  I love Nicole Magourik and Kristina Werner and others but Jennifer has the style that most often matches my tastes.  Her latest on-line class called Inspiration Showcase is packed full of inspirational goodness and beautiful card ideas and I'm only on Day Two!! The card above is a sympathy card I made for my husband's brother's in-laws. The technique here is stamping with paint and then applying ink to the the card and going back over it with a baby wipe to get the paint to show through. I love the softness of the imperfections of the stamped image. I also love using my favorite inks: Ranger Distress Inks. My new favorite color is Wild Honey!! What not green??? Not this time.
This card uses the same background technique as the card above but I added the panel on top with foam tape. On the panel I used Distress Inks over a white embossed image from Magenta.  The white embossing also resists the Distress Inks. This card is the beginning of my Thanksgiving stash for those members of our church who can no longer join us on Sunday.

Inspiration Showcase is the best class ever. It is so packed with wonderful, fun techniques all while using my favorite products. What more could a girl who has a passion for cardmaking ask for?

I hope you'll stay tuned, I know I'll have more to share with you shortly. I hope you're having a blessed week and can find the time to do what you love most!

Lorelei

No comments:

Post a Comment