Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall is Coming

Isn't it funny how excited we are to have fall weather? I would love it if this, my hands down favorite season, lasted much longer. Fall is everything I love! The food, the colors, pumpkins, leaves and acorns, the clothes and the crafty feeling I get when the weather is cooler.
 I have a fun fall card to share today that I made following the Hero Arts video of the week found  on their blog here. I used BoBunny paper for the text and the leaves were stamped with a Hero Arts stamp in Barn Door, Wild Honey and Scattered Straw Distress Inks. I sprayed the images with a mist of water and heat them with my heat tool.  I touched the outside edges of the leaves with Vintage Photo Distress Ink after cutting them out and painted them with Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy, from Ranger. They almost look real, don't they?


This card is made from Jennifer Maguire Inspiration. The image is a Hero Arts stamp (hmmm, I'm seeing a pattern here) on watercolor paper and heat embossed in white embossing powder. The next step is to put Distress Ink directly onto the paper in two colors (I used Broken China and Wild Honey) and then spraying Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow heavily over the inking. This causes a beautiful, shimmery, water color effect. I am going to make more cards like this because it very easy and has such a lovely look.

I hope your having a crafty day and are enjoying the beautiful fall weather!
Hugs, Lorelei

No comments:

Post a Comment