Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting All Inked UP


Guess what? I'm a Fall girl. SHOCKER!!
 I love fall food, fall desserts (ooops back to food again), fall clothes, fall leaves, fall cards.... I could go on. Oh I forgot to say I just LOVE fall weather!! It's starting to be cooler in the evenings and mornings and I just love that.

I'm also just loving the Inspiration Showcase class I'm taking. Yesterday we worked on dry embossing techniques. I'll be sharing what I made with this technique soon. I have lots of embossing envelopes for my Cuttlebug but haven't used them much. After yesterday, Lookout world! I am loving the inking over (and under) dry embossing.

The card above is my favorite from the class so far. Nicole Magourik made a card similar to this and of course, being the Fall girl that I am, I just had to try my hand at my version of the card.
What do you think? You can make this card too. Here's how:

Stamp a big swirl (used Hero Arts Bold Flourish) or full card size stamp over book text with Versamark and heat emboss that with white embossing powder. Then ink up your piece with Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw Distress Ranger Inks (did I mention that I love these inks?). Finish the edges off with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and spray Tattered Angels Marshmallow or similar mica based spray over the whole piece to get a little sparkle.

The flower is made by stamping the same flower 3 times with Versamark ink and embossing with white embossing powder and then cutting the flowers out and crumpling them up and layering them on top of each other.  An old Marvy punch I have was perfect for the leaves. I used a clear embossing pen by Ranger to draw the leaf lines and then embossed that with white embossing powder. Put it all together over a bow made of cord and add some rhinestones and pearls and wahlah!!

If you haven't already, get your Ranger Distress Inks out and play with them. The backgrounds you can make to enhance your cards will made you smile. Jennifer Maguire says she buys very little colored cardstock because she can always change white cardstock into the perfect color for her project!

I'm loving life, hope you are too.
Lorelei 
  

1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job on this!! :) Love how you did the swirl on the background and inked the different colors. I am loving the class!

    ReplyDelete