Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Penny Black Poppies for Anna's Class

I haven't posted many cards from all my wonderful Penny Black stamps. These stamps are really my faves.

One of the cards that I made for the boards in January (all designed by Angela Kennedy) used this super fun Poppy stamp.
I love all of these cards, I need to make some more just for my personal stash. Aren't they awesome? Well the same stamp looks very different when I changed the background.

 
The background was created with Distress Stains, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Picket Fence on my Teflon mat with a little spritz of water.  I used a manila tag and dragged it through these wonderful colors. Patting the tag into the color that I wanted more of and then heating the tag with my heat gun to dry it.
 
I stamped Penny Black's background stamp called Circles and Lines (40-084) in Picket Fence Stain on the dry tag and heated that and blotted the tag with a paper towel where necessary. I applied Peeled Paint Distress Stain  and spritzed it with a little water onto the stamp Verdant (4310K) and stamped the card a couple times and dried the tag again. Finally I stamped the Poppy Image  in Versafine in Black Onyz and heat embossed the image with Stampendous Detail Clear embossing powder. As a finishing touch I used a Picket Fence Distress Marker to color in the buds.
 
I mounted this image on black and then yellow that I embossed with a Darice embossing folder called Stripe Background to carry the stripes in the stamped image.
 
This is one of 7 cards that I'll be teaching at Anna's on Saturday, June 22nd at 10 am. If you're in town come on by I'd love to make cards with you.
 
Have a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's who have given their time and resources to raising great kids.
 
xoxo,
Lorelei
 


No comments:

Post a Comment