Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cards to Share: Wedding, Baby and Military, oh MY!

June is the month for weddings and as the summer months approach, you might have a wedding or two to attend and this card is pretty fun and easy to make.  I stamped a swirl from Autumn Leaves with Sticky Stuff by Judikins and heated it just slightly (until it becomes shiny) then I sprinkled a bit of ultra-fine white glitter and heated it again. This seals the glitter into the Sticky Stuff  better than glitter glue. Then I added some ribbon, a Prima flower, misted with Tattered Angels, Olive Vine, and 2 stick pins from Maya Road. Easy peasy!
We had a wee, small baby, born into the extended family this month. He weighed 3 pounds 8 ounces! He was supposed to join us right around our Texas trip in June, but we must welcome him a bit earlier with this card. The stamp is from Inkadinkado. I used regular watercolor paints from Crayola to paint him! This is my favorite way to apply color. It is so quick and easy. The sentiment is from Whipper Snapper Designs and the heart was a random stamp. The background is embossed with a Sizzix folder called Beaded Ribbons.

This is the card I sent to Chris as encouragement while he serves our country in the Navy. He's been sharing the cards I send him with his "peoples" which means I have to send more!! Don't you know I just LOVE IT?? The stamped sentiment is over an anchor stamped very lightly in Antique Linen Distress Ink. These stamps are from Our Daily Bread (which I am fast becoming a shareholder in). The background map paper is something I got free at CKC and the anchor strip is from Stampin' Up.

I hope the sunshine finds you doing what you most love to do. I'll be making cards :).

Blessings,
Lorelei

No comments:

Post a Comment