Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Books I've Read for April (A little late I know)

I read some great books in April!

I continued the series by Debbie Macomber and read 74 Seaside Avenue. It is the ongoing story of the folks who live in Cedar Cove, Washington. This book was even better than her last one! There was a great twist at the end and then the tease for her next book. I like this series because the books are simple, the plot keeps me turing the pages and I don't get tired of cheesiness. I look forward to reading the next one! I read this book for the Finish the Series challenge.
One Good Dog by Susan Wilson was a great book! I would highly recommend it to you. It is a book about healing and finding what's most important in life--money or peace and the well-being that comes when you leave your selfish tendencies and help others.  The dog (yes, another dog read) has to learn to trust and love humans.
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd was an unusual book which got me somewhat wound up about the characters and would they do the right thing. It has a tilt toward The Thornbirds but there are other twists and turns that make it different enough. The main character learns the truths about her childhood which causes her to think about how she views herself and the choice she must make for love. The setting for the book is on an island outside of Charleston, SC.  I read this book for the Southern Lit. challenge.

I forgot to tell you that I read the Hunger Games in March!! Yes, it was a great book. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I want to. You have probably heard that Katniss has volunteered before the Council to take her sister's place in a game that is played and broadcast on TV every year. The game is to be the last one standing by surviving other kids that have been chosen to represent their district. I know it sounds grim, but it is a great story of love and survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment