Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Can I Hear a "Hoot?" How About a "HOOT HOOT"

I am entering a new sort of challenge today with Dynamic Duos. There are lots of ideas on their site and anything is acceptable, with the challenge being to stick to the two colors for the week.

I was excited to join in and I thought I'd combine it with the Mojo Monday (MOJO262), which is a sketch challenge.  Mojo Monday has beautiful sketches which are wonderfully inspiring.  Go onto the website and see the archives of great sketches.

I made my card from a stamp I got at Joanne's to give it the seasonal touch.

 
It was actually fun to be limited to the Tangerine and Old Olive. (The neutral colors are free to use). I made the leaves with a Creative Memories punch that was seasonal a few years back. I added stickles to the leaves to match the glittery tangerine paper. I'm sorry it's hard to see in the picture. I went from not knowing what to do with the glitter paper to having a lot of fun with them (at least orange).

I hope you'll give challenges a try, they are so much fun and did I mention that you can win prizes for the creations you make? Lots of the challenges have sponsors that donate great stamps and papers, etc.

It's a beautiful day to be creative.
Lorelei

2 comments:

  1. "Hoot hoot" for your card - it is SO sweet! The owl's expression is wonderful, I love that you have him peeping through the leaves. So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! Great job with the challenge & the sketch...I started on this sketch but I couldn't make it 'work' so well done to you!! Thanks for sharing & playing with us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete