Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I have a new job!!  I'm working with Penny Black making cards for display boards that the company gives to customers who buy the stamps used in the cards on that board.  (Read that sentence again slower and maybe it'll make sense.  haha)

Angela is the designer of the cards and I make duplicates for as many orders as are received at CHA (Craft and Hobby Association convention) held in January. My friend, Peggy got the position for me and I love her for it! I'm getting paid for doing what I love and I get LOTS of free stuff!! The stamps I use to make the samples, the ink pads, coloring chalk and more are all free to me. It doesn't get any better than this!

The card above is my favorite of the cards I made this time around. Everything used on this card is new from Penny Black and will be available in stores soon. The background is a paisley stamp that I love! The coloring on the flower image is done with Pebbles chalk.

This is a Valentine I made for my love (of course it's my hubby!!) The paper is from My Mind's Eye. There is a Tim Holtz ticket and the felt flower and red brads are from American Crafts. The clock is from Vintaj I believe, the sticker on the bottom is Creative Memories and the twine is Jenni Bowlin's. I put some Glossy Acents over the true red hearts on top.
This card is made using a technique I learned from a class with Jennifer Maguire. The long strip is a background stamp stamped with Versamark ink and then stamped with a reverse image stamp with Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. This was then stamped onto glossy cardstock and left to dry. Once dry I inked the entire image with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and wiped it off. Such a pretty effect.

Well that's all for today!! I have added a new page to this blog for the book challenges so check that out if you have a reading addiction also ;-).

Blessings on you and your Valentine!
Lorelei 

No comments:

Post a Comment